For those that don’t know me I am a really curious person and I am constantly testing things to try and workout how things function. Luckily I work in an industry that thrives on innovation and testing new ideas on a daily basis.
Recently I have spent a lot of time discussing re-tweets with our social media clients and I decided I wanted to do a little test. The test in summary;
1) I will donate £1000 to charity if I receive 1000 re-tweets of the below message today. It is Friday 8th July 2011.
“If this message is re-tweeted 1000 times today, I will donate £1000 to charity. http://tinyurl.com/1man1mission #1Man1Mission”
2) How will I decide what charity to give the money to?
When people re-tweet my message please @ the charity you want the money to go to and I will count them up at the end. The charity with the most votes will receive the money
Why am I doing this?
1) It is nice to donate to charity
2) If people RT my message with the charity name they like it will give charities a chance to engage with supporters through Twitter
3) At 4Ps we are constantly testing ideas to improve our work. I see this as my own little R&D project
Four) Fourth but not least I am blumin Curious to see what happens. As I have said many times before I get fed up with people talking about how to do social media without actually doing any social media themselves.
The mathematician in me says this experiment will be failure but the optimist in me says it will work. As I post this it is about 8:30 am. If you are free for a drink tonight in London give me a shout on Twitter and we can discuss why this test was a success or failure.
Pint of Old Speckled hen please…
Final 2 points;
1) If you are still reading this please go to Twitter and RT my message
2) If you don’t know what Twitter is I suggest you go to either Mashable or Econsultancy and get reading
Want to know more?