You are accountable for the operational effectiveness of the data team and, together with fellow members of the senior management team, for the creativity and effectiveness of the agency’s output. They will work with members of the SMT on the overall agency growth strategy, with new business a key area of focus. As a member of the senior management team, the head of data also shares collective responsibility for the decisions made by that group.
Strategic vision. To create the vision for how a modern agency approaches data in a digital and marketing world. You’ll drive the strategic roadmap for helping us and our clients become more data driven, this means defining the agency’s strategic offer across analytics, CRM, SEO and data service design into a coherent and compelling set of services and includes creating the processes and culture for the effective cross-fertilisation of those disciplines. Explicitly identify missing skills and put in place a plan to remedy.
Team leadership. Responsibility for direct line management of the Data Engineering Team, and the Data Strategy team consisting of data analysts, scientists and strategists and for the mentoring of account staff in verticals. Joint responsibility with Heads of Verticals for scaling up the team to provide the right strategic resource for delivering client work as the agency expands.
Agency leadership. Responsibility along with the Senior Management Team for the overall health of the agency and the effectiveness of our work. Both externally (making the agency famous for doing splendid work) and internally (the good running and financial performance of the agency).
New Business. Lead new business opportunities from existing and potential new clients. This includes work on pitches and lead generation, writing creds documents and proposals, as well as presentations and speaker platforms.
Day-to-day client work. Working on selected pieces of client work where their presence is most likely to have an impact on the final output.
- A commercial and strategic mindset with the ability to apply data solutions to marketing and business problems
- Track record of advising businesses on data strategy and big data solutions and creating actionable and commercial results
- Proven ability to lead and design strategies and programmes that collect, store, analyse and visualise data from various sources
- Lead on the big data trends and know which data companies to partner with to fit a chosen strategy
- Sufficient technical and programming knowledge to apply to solutions
- Familiar with analytics and modelling techniques such as mining, clustering analysis, recommendation analysis, predictive analysis with the ability to produce actionable insights
To apply please send your CV to [email protected].