You are responsible for the operational effectiveness of the data team and, together with fellow members of the Conference of Directors, for the creativity and effectiveness of the agency’s output. You will work with members of the Conference of Directors on the overall agency growth strategy, with new business a key area of focus.
Strategic vision. To create the vision for how a modern agency approaches data in a digital and marketing world. You’ll drive the strategic roadmap for helping us and our clients become more data driven, This means defining the agency’s strategic offer across analytics, CRM, SEO and data service design into a coherent and compelling set of services and includes creating the processes and culture for the effective cross-fertilisation of those disciplines. Explicitly identify missing skills and put in place a plan to remedy.
Team leadership. Responsibility for direct line management of the Data Team, consisting of data analysts, scientists and strategists and for the mentoring of account staff in verticals. Joint responsibility with Business Directors for scaling up the team to provide the right strategic resource for delivering client work as the agency expands.
Agency leadership. Responsibility along with the Conference of Directors for the overall health of the agency and the effectiveness of our work. Both externally (making the agency famous for doing splendid work) and internally (the good running and financial performance of the agency).
New Business. Lead new business opportunities from existing and potential new clients. This includes work on pitches and lead generation, writing creds documents and proposals, as well as presentations and speaker platforms.
Day-to-day client work. Working on selected pieces of client work where their presence is most likely to have an impact on the final output.
- A commercial and strategic mindset with the ability apply data solutions to marketing and business problems
- Track record of advising businesses on data strategy and big data solutions and creating actionable and commercial results
- Proven ability to lead and design strategies and programmes that collect, store, analyse and visualise data from various sources
- Lead on the big data trends and know which data companies to partner with to fit a chosen strategy
- Sufficient technical and programming knowledge to apply to solutions
- Familiar with analytics and modelling techniques such as mining, clustering analysis, recommendation analysis, predicitive analysis with the ability to produce actionable insights
- Confident communicator – someone who can articulate solutions in a simple and precise manner, from writing compelling arguments to presenting to a room full of executives, to articulating a business case. Someone who simplifies complexity and gives clients the confidence to make decisions
- An innovator – an exceptionally smart thinker who is always looking to push their thinking on the advances in data and who has an intuitive understanding of what clients want. Someone who gives us an edge.
To apply: Please send your CV to me at [email protected]