Digital Bytes – May Edition 2015
Welcome to Digital Bytes, a way in which the 4Ps team can share with the wider 4Ps family what we’ve been discussing in terms of search, analytics, web development, social media and much more. We ensure we’re always ahead of the curve with how the latest in search can improve business for our clients.
THANK YOU 4Ps CLIENTS!
We would like to say a BIG thank you to each and every one of you for taking the time to rate 4Ps on the Recommended Agency Register (RAR). We’ve been nominated in the RAR Digital Awards 2015 for agencies our size (40-99 people) for not one, but six awards! These include Best Agency for Search and awards for Effectiveness, Client Services and Value for Money. The very best part of these are that the judges were you, our clients!
If you haven’t yet rated your 4Ps team on the work they have done for you, whether on a project or for your ongoing partnership, you can rate them here: https://goo.gl/HwIW99
Pre-Owned Luxury Watches in Digital
4Ps’ Organic Search Manager Ruth Attwood takes a look at the SEO potential of some pre-owned luxury watch retailers to see who comes out on top.
Looking at Crown & Caliber, WatchFinder and David Duggan, Ruth has analysed the industry and investigated how people go about purchasing genuine but discounted luxury watches through that somewhat unusual market of pre-used watch selling.
4Ps Labs – Luxury Brands in Digital
Luxury Consumer Brands: Their Server & Analytics Technology, Mobile Provision, Direct Online Selling & International Presence.
The 4Ps Labs team took a survey of a cross-sector sample of luxury consumer brands to take a look at their server and analytics technology, mobile provision, direct online selling and international presence.
Mobilepocalypse Sector Impacts
The 4Ps Labs team have been busily crunching data from all of our vertical teams to see how organic visibility was affected across our clients by their market sector from the Google Mobile UX update that rolled out mid-April.
You can see how each sector fared here:
4Ps and YOTEL Finalists in The Drum Search Awards
4Ps are finalists in The Drum Search Awards 2015 for their innovative PPC campaigns for the international affordable luxury hotel group.
If you are interested in entering any awards this year, please let your account manager know.
Even More Stuff:
- RLSA (Remarketing Lists for Search Ads) for Shopping campaigns are currently in Beta for all PLA (Product Listing Ads) countries
- New Hotel Ads are now live, but are very much in favour of online travel agents
- Destination URLs will be auto-upgrading to Final URLs from 1st July
- AdWords for video is finally moving into the AdWords front end in Q3
- Google is offering cash to the EU’s news groups to “help European media organisations make money from the internet”
- Bing is rolling on after Google by testing recipe snippets and detailed answer cards
- Google is adding Action Cards to more closely tie together your mobile devices and your desktop computer
- Facebook launches Instant Articles where users can read news articles in their news feed without being directed to another site. How will this impact how users interact with content from large media brands?
- Why does content go viral? Analysis of Buzzfeed and other top publishers using A/B testing for content.
The following content marketing tactics have been rated highest by marketers for effectiveness:
- Creating a content marketing strategy or plan (79%)
- Customer content / content maps (63%)
- Creating content calendars (62%)
- Customer persona creation (57%)
4Ps isn’t just another London SEO agency. To discuss how SEO, PR and paid advertising are evolving together in order to keep pace with new developments in user interaction and brand demands, give us a call on +44 (0)207 607 5650 for a no-obligation coffee and chat about data, marketing and user behaviour across all inbound channels.