After the creation of gift-specific landing pages and meta data improvements, onsite SEO work was not possible over the target time period. 4Ps concentrated on a bespoke digital PR campaign, built around bloggers and the theme of giving and sharing, with supporting content on the brand’s separate blog domain themed to a Christmas gifting message.
The aim was to raise domain authority, and thus improve offsite SEO factors, through development of relevant and high quality blogger backlinks. This also provided enhanced visibility while raising the brand’s profile, with key influencers in the form of high-following fashion, beauty and lifestyle bloggers in the UK.
This example is a particularly powerful one for the aspect of co-occurrence – the links back from bloggers were rarely on exact or partial-match keywords for jewellery-related terms, and rarely to the directly relevant category or landing page URLs. Most were on the brand’s main store name or raw URLs, linking to the homepage and individual product pages, showing the power of associated terms being present in proximity and association to brand-based links without requiring exact anchor text matching. This form of link development is Google Penguin-proof and far more user friendly than a more traditional guest blogging and anchor-text and landing page linking focused approach.
• Increase awareness of the brand in the UK to grow organic traffic
• Grow revenue over the critical Christmas period by driving additional organic sales
Argento SEO Campaign
- Outreach to key influential bloggers in both niche and broad interest areas to co-create bespoke content that was mutually beneficial to both parties
- The brand’s existing #LoveArgento social campaign was extended to offsite outreach around bloggers who were asked to choose someone they loved to share it with
- This theme of giving, sharing and friendship was pulled through every aspect of digital PR, content and social media with a consistent #LoveArgento hashtag and feel-good factor- with Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest
- Themed content and merchandising imagery was created on the brand’s offsite blog, including a “Twelve Days of Christmas” jewellery inspiration campaign and a series of “gift ideas for…” centred around jewellery pieces for particular gift recipients, budgets and fashion styles – this was translated to Pinterest board
- We deployed a variety of broad content and co-occurrence coverage for general jewellery terms and some exact match anchor text and specific items
- We focused on building bespoke relationships with key influencers, placing quality over quantity, while also generating buzz and interest around the brand, which led to valuable authority-building backlinks
Taken from analytics data for the Christmas and immediately post-Christmas retail period of October 1st 2013 to December 31st 2013, comparing to the same period in 2012.
SEO results due to growth in domain authority and awareness from back-link development:
• 46.8% more organic traffic to the website
• 60.4% more eCommerce transactions from organic search traffic
• 55% more revenue from organic search traffic
• 9% increase in organic traffic conversion rate due to increased query relevance
Additional brand awareness based growth:
• 178.2% more direct traffic
• 51.2% more direct traffic revenue
• 25.1% more referral traffic
• 90.7% increase in referral traffic revenue
• 22.9% increase in social network referrals
• 6.5% increase in conversions from social network visits
SEO results in the critical month of December alone, comparing to December 2012:
• 64.2% increase in organic search traffic
• 27.2% increase in eCommerce conversion rate
• 108.9% increase in transactions from organic search traffic
• 109.5% increase in revenue from organic search traffic
4Ps isn’t just another SEO agency. To discuss how SEO and content are evolving together in order to keep pace with new developments in user interaction all over the world, give us a call on +44 (0)207 607 5650 for a no-obligation coffee and chat about data, marketing and user behaviour across all inbound channels.