BareMinerals is a cosmetics company specialising in mineral-based makeup and skincare products. Founded in the US in 1976, bareMinerals entered the UK market in 2001, selling their products in select department stores such as Selfridges, House of Fraser and Debenhams. It was in 2009 that they opened their first store in Covent Garden, quickly followed by one in Brighton.
The brief was to coordinate and streamline an integrated strategy, targeting key audiences across the entire customer journey to boost revenue and sales as well as making use of display advertising to raise brand awareness.
- Increase online presence and sales through an integrated digital advertising approach
- Increase paid and direct traffic to ecommerce site
- Increase brand awareness through use of social media, video and display advertising
Awareness, consideration, conversion and customer loyalty are all essential to the buying cycle, and to achieve optimum results, all stages of the consumer journey need to be addressed. 4Ps Marketing’s integrated digital advertising campaign combined a number of techniques, including real-time bidding, PPC, video, social media advertising and dynamic remarketing tactics to target users throughout the entire consumer journey and buying cycle.
As detailed below, each advertising channel used offers unique possibilities and plays a vital part in driving brand awareness, increasing sales and increasing performance:
- Raises awareness of the bareMinerals brand and products amongst key target audiences
- Increases awareness and drives sales by targeting key audiences across the vast majority of online ad networks in real-time
- Drives new traffic by targeting users displaying similar online behaviour to existing bareMinerals customers
- Highly tailored targeting options allow maximum return on investment
- Established BareMinerals as a key authority on high quality, natural mineral cosmetics and skincare products and continued to raise awareness
Social Media Advertising
- Highly targeted social media advertising helped to create and develop a fan base, raise awareness and foster brand loyalty on Twitter and Facebook
PPC Campaigns for Generic, Branded and Brand Keywords
- Drives brand awareness through generic keywords
- Drives sales and revenue through granular brand and branded keywords
- Product Listing Ads (PLAs) drive awareness and increase sales
- Drives sales and increases ROI by retargeting customers with products they viewed on-site but didn’t purchase.
Brand Awareness and Impact on Performance
Using a combination of social media advertising, display, real-time bidding and video, 4Ps increased brand awareness and established BareMinerals as one of the key authorities on natural makeup, beauty and skincare products in the UK.
Consequently, general interest in BareMinerals increased substantially over the past year, which led to an overwhelming 223% increase in direct traffic to the site.
- 60% Visitor increase year on year
- 223% Increase in direct traffic
- 108% Increase in revenue
4Ps isn’t just another PPC management agency. To discuss how paid search strategies are evolving alongside new developments in ad technology and tracking, give us a call on +44 (0)207 607 5650 for a no-obligation coffee and chat about data, marketing and user behaviour across all inbound channels.
4Ps’ strategy not only met BareMinerals’ targets, but exceeded them:
- Year on year, visitor numbers to the site increased by 66%
- Revenue saw an increase of 108%
- Transaction numbers increased by 109%
Direct Sales and Revenue Performance Direct response advertising tactics such as PPC, PLAs and dynamic retargeting have had a huge impact on paid traffic overall:
- Paid traffic alone has seen visitor numbers increase by 62%
- Revenue increase by 100%
- Transactions increase by 97%