Jamie Oliver is a British celebrity chef known around the world for his television shows, recipe books, restaurants and food education campaigning. 4Ps have been working for the brand principally on its main domain, JamieOliver.com, for over four years, using search marketing content-led best practice and research to boost the brand’s organic visibility.
As the main site objectives for JamieOliver.com arebased around traffic 4Ps focuses on bringing a strategic approach that provides insights around search trends and query volume to the brand’s editorial team.
Objective: to continuously increase organic traffic to JamieOliver.com by driving the brand’s content strategy with insights into search-based user trends and behaviour.
With a large editorial team, JamieOliver.com struggles to allocate resource to content creation to where it will have the biggest and best impact to drive traffic to the website. Because of the nature of driving revenue through onsite advertising, it is not practical for the publisher to use paid traffic acquisition so the vast majority of sessions must be driven by purely organic methods.
4Ps provides ongoing strategic services to JamieOliver.com’s in-house content team in order to help direct their efforts to high growth and new breakout trends in the food and drink market, informed by search and query based research to identify trend peaks and likely traffic patterns.
- Use of query research tools to identify new “breakout” terms in the market that drive high and increasing volumes of searches; recent examples include gluten free, paleo and low carb
- Use of trending research tools to identify patterns in search volume for high volume queries in order to ensure that the JamieOliver.com publishing strategy and timeline is placed to take best advantage of peak interest
- Use of SERP sampling and analytics data to identify content “gaps” for the brand and inform publishing strategy to ensure maximum search footprint and organic traffic potential
- “Business as usual” optimisation of content and meta data tailoring to ensure content is search optimised at point of publishing
- Training for brand publishing team to help with the creation of “search-friendly” content including recipes, blogs and how-to guides
- Ad-hoc technical SEO consultation for enhanced markups, international growth and general website crawl improvements to ensure maximum organic visibility potential across major search engines
- Insights into onsite data including user engagement and site search behaviour to give insights into content that will drive additional pageviews
- Integrated strategy for non-search driven content to ensure maximum pageviews and content engagement from user base; recent examples include social distribution of safe meat cooking and input into anti childhood obesity campaigns by Jamie
Thanks to 4Ps, Jamie Oliver now has SEO built in at the DNA level of the brand – in addition to providing retainer services, the agency undertakes regular internal training of marketing and editorial staff to continually raise expertise levels and aid continual growth. With organic search now driving over 80% of traffic to the site, there’s no argument from stakeholders that the approach has paid off!
4Ps isn’t just another SEO agency. To discuss how PR and content are evolving together in order to keep pace with new developments in search engine algorithms and advertising legislation, give us a call on +44 (0)207 607 5650 for a no-obligation coffee and chat about data, marketing and technology across all inbound channels.