Sapphire Systems is a leading global provider of accounting and business software solutions. They offer global implementations for Infor SunSystems and SAP Business One. Sapphire Systems is based in London with international offices in Los Angeles, New York, Houston and Chicago, Sydney and Mumbai.
Sapphire traditionally sold SAP and Infor to businesses based on the capabilities of the products. However, it was clear that different industries used the software in very different ways and to varying degrees of success, so a new approach was needed in order to help grow Sapphire’s business.
Objective: To increase overall search market share and visibility of Sapphire Systems in the US.
- Limited US presence
- Lack of organic search growth due to limited awareness of Sapphire Systems
- No long term digital growth plan for US market
- Dedicated sales team in US prepared for increase in online enquiries
- Highly competitive market with several established players
4Ps worked closely with Sapphire Systems to develop the US part of Sapphire Systems online from the design and development process with initial research and architecture selection through to the build, execution within multiple countries and post launch monitoring.
This comprehensive launch project included:
SEARCH CONSULTING SERVICES
- Advice and assistance during initial research phase and current search trends within a different market
- Design feedback along with HTML markup and other search-based technical recommendations
- Full technical specifications for a search-friendly platform from code to semantic and social markup
- International implementation advice including optimal domain structure and rel alternate hreflang
- Search market research and copy optimisation based on location specific queries
- Content architecture overhaul based on industry verticals rather than products
ANALYTICS CONSULTING SERVICES
- Business level measurement planning consultancy – to define objectives, KPIs and analytics segments
- Implementation plan for web tracking using Google Tag Manager and custom data layers
- Close liaison with development teams and agencies to implement and test tracking
- Post launch consultation and monitoring to ensure accuracy of data for the business
Year on year results show more than a 500% increase in visits across all US pages with over 60% of this traffic coming from organic and spread across a variety of industry and product pages.
The focus on the US part of the site has proved incredibly successful in terms of organic visibility, demonstrated here by sample keyword rankings and overall average organic position on Google (excluding universal search results such as Maps and Images), which has improved steadily in the last few months. Note that here a lower average rank is positive, as it means queries are closer to the top of search results pages.
“We don’t see 4Ps as an external agency, but as part of our team. They play a vital role in our marketing strategy.” – Carl Cooper, Head of Digital Marketing at Sapphire Systems
4Ps isn’t just another London SEO agency. To discuss how SEO and content are evolving together in order to keep pace with new developments in user interaction and search algorithms, give us a call on +44 (0)207 607 5650 for a no-obligation coffee and chat about data, marketing and user behaviour across all inbound channels.